Do you attend a specialist regularly?
Do you find it difficult attend specialist appointments in Melbourne or Bendigo?
Do you need to arrange for family or a friend to take you to appointments?
Do you waste a whole day to see your specialist for a short appointment?
If you answer 'yes' to any of these questions, a Telehealth consultation may be the answer!
A new Medicare initiative to address all these common problems for rural patients means that we are now able to offer video conferencing consultations in some situations with your specialist.
High quality audio and video conferencing equipment is used so that you can attend your appointment from either of our clinics with your specialist. The benefits of this service are:
- Reduction in the time spent attending specialist appointments
- Eliminates the time and cost associated with significant travelling times
- Your GP participates in the telehealth conference which speeds up the communication between GP and specialist
- Doctors can share important information such as x-ray images, reports and results in real-time
- Most services are bulk billed by both GP and specialist, minimizing out of pocket costs
If you think you may benefit from telehealth, please discuss this with your GP at the next appointment.